- Lim Tuang Liang, Government Chief Sustainability Officer, Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment, Singapore
- Syed Mubarak, Government Affairs Chair, ASHRAE Singapore Chapter (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers)
- Kanhu Charan Pattnayak: Senior Research Scientist at National Environment Agency, Singapore | Visiting Scientist-University of Leeds | NCMRWF | IIT Delhi
- Aurel MOISE: Senior Principal Research Scientist & Deputy Director, Centre for Climate Research Singapore
- Cesar Jung-Harada: Associate Professor, Singapore Institute of Technology
Speaking to 25 Asian trade reporting fellows (names and publications here).
WHAT: A 90-minute session on climate issues – roughly 10-15 minutes of that you will address the fellows; and roughly 50-75% of the total time is devoted to Q&A with the journalists.
WHEN: July 24 11:30 to 13:00 SGT. Please arrive 15 minutes early to get a mic on.
WHERE: Hinrich Foundation office, 8 Eu Tong Sen Street, #25-89, The Central, Singapore 059818.
- All of our sessions are on the record (we video record it and provide a summary, transcript, slides and video afterward [examples], and the fellows can tweet or quote from it).
- This program is sponsored by the Hinrich Foundation. The National Press Foundation is responsible for its content.
- The program does not offer speaker honorarium. As a small nonprofit, we try to direct as many of our resources to our fellows and the program as possible. We hope the speakers and their organizations see the value in presenting to a group of journalists actively focused these issues critical to the world economy.
Special thanks to Ravindra Ngo for the opportunity.
National Press Foundation on LinkedIn: Climate Change Threatens Asian Trade
“Ninety-nine of the 100 cities that will be most affected by climate change are in Asia,” says Cesar Jung-Harada, an Associate Professor of Design at Singapore…