Howard has founded and developed more than 30 non-profit and social enterprises - including Bijas in HKU - and contributed to the employment of hundreds of individuals who have trouble finding work due to various disabilities.
He received the Medal of Honour by HKSAR for his contribution to the community through his work, which also includes advising foundations and educational institutions.
Besides his MA from CUHK, he also graduated from a Social Entrepreneurship programme. Currently he works as the Chief Consultant of Social Enterprise Business Centre.
Howard Ling is the Chief Consultant of Social Enterprise Business Centre. Howard began his social entrepreneurial journey in 2004. He founded over 30 social enterprises such as Bijas at The University of Hong Kong, Happy Ours at Tanner Hill, Angelchild food factory, Sounds Great Audio Book, and Dr. Mask Social Enterprise factory. He also serves as a consultant or advisor to many foundations, and education institutions in Hong Kong and Macau. He was awarded the Medal of Honour (MH) by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), and the Hong Kong Humanity Award in 2017 for his dedicated public and community services, particularly his contributions to the development of social enterprises.
- Administrative Appeal Board – Panel Member (2015 to Present)
- Betting and Lotteries Commission (2019 to Present)
- Social Enterprise Advisory Committee Member (2009 to 2015)
- Ping Wo Fund Advisory Committee Member (2013 to 2019)
- Social Welfare Bureau (Macau SAR) – Consultant of Social Enterprise Scheme
- Direction Association for the Handicapped – Honorary Consultant
- YMCA College of Continuing Education – Chairperson of External Advisory Group
- Hong Kong Red Cross Humanitarian Education and Advocacy Strategic Committee member
- Mbaby Doula Social Enterprise – Director and Social Enterprise Consultant
- Hong Kong Blind Union – Social Enterprise Consultant
- Joint Publishing Cultural Fund - Director
- The Yeh Family Philanthropy - Grant Committee Member
- Changing Young Lives Foundation – Council Member
- Baptist University – Adjunct Associate Professor
- Lingnan University – Programme Advisor of Lingnan Entrepreneurship Initiative
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong – Vetting Panel of Sustainable Knowledge Transfer Project Fund
Howard Ling holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Illinois, a Master degree in Business Administration from the The Chinese University of Hong Kong, and graduated from INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship programme.